Reuters (11/13, Rapaport) reports, “Many people experience worsening depression symptoms over their final year of life,” researchers concluded after examining “data on 3,274 adults who participated in the nationwide Health and Retirement Study and died within one year of the assessment.” The findings were published online Nov. 5 in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society.(SOURCE: APA Headlines)
- ) strategy and implementation of activities aimed at increased supports for caregivers of persons with mental illness, in addition to the continued work of the Coalition and sustaining the collaboration between aging and behavioral health providers at the local level.
- Studies Support Effectiveness Of Ketamine, Esketamine For Difficult-To-Treat Depression, MDD With Suicidal Ideation, Expert Says
- In Small Study, Investigational Nondopamine Antipsychotic Show Signals It May Improve Psychosis Symptoms In Patients With Parkinson’s Disease
- Benzoate Treatment Appears To Improve Cognitive Function Among Women With Later-Stage Dementia In Small Study
- More Than One In Ten Patients Who Receive An ICD May Also Develop Anxiety Or Depression, Research Suggests