CNN (7/30, Rogers) reports researchers found “Botox [onabotulinumtoxinA] injections may do more than erase the signs of age, or prevent you from feeling painful migraines – they may alleviate depression as well.” The findings were published in Scientific Reports. HealthDay (7/30, Reinberg) reports in the study, people who received the “injections for any of six conditions reported suffering depression 40% to 88% less often when compared to patients who received different treatments for the same conditions.” (SOURCE: APA Headlines)
- ) strategy and implementation of activities aimed at increased supports for caregivers of persons with mental illness, in addition to the continued work of the Coalition and sustaining the collaboration between aging and behavioral health providers at the local level.
- Studies Support Effectiveness Of Ketamine, Esketamine For Difficult-To-Treat Depression, MDD With Suicidal Ideation, Expert Says
- In Small Study, Investigational Nondopamine Antipsychotic Show Signals It May Improve Psychosis Symptoms In Patients With Parkinson’s Disease
- Benzoate Treatment Appears To Improve Cognitive Function Among Women With Later-Stage Dementia In Small Study
- More Than One In Ten Patients Who Receive An ICD May Also Develop Anxiety Or Depression, Research Suggests